Next Synergy Sundays event – Sunday July 24th, 2pm – midnight.
Suitable for all ages, family friendly activities, relaxed and comfortable environment.
Synergy Sundays will be a regular afternoon / evening indoor festival held in the historic music hall at the Synergy Centre on Middle Street, central Brighton. Synergy Sundays will build on the track record of the legendary Synergy Project events held in London between 2003 and 2008 which brought together DJs, bands, poets, artists and performers with leading non-govermental organizations such as Greepace, Actionaid, Oxfam, Friends of the Earth, Amnesty International etc.
For the line-ups of the coming Synergy Sunday, please see our Facebook Page.
The aim of the events is to create space in which the creative and progressive community in Brighton and Hove can gather, socialize, network, exchange views and perspectives, develop partnerships / collaborations and generally build the capacity of the community. With local government funding for the voluntary and arts sectors being squeezed ever-tighter and the impact of austerity likely to worsen with the onset of the coming Brexit-recession, the community needs to come and work together to meet the growing challenges we will face.
The events will feature a wide variety of community led activities to celebrate and develop creative, cultural and social awareness including:
- Debates and discussions on topical social, economic and political issues.
- Acoustic music performances by local singer-song writers.
- Spoken word performances by local poets and rappers.
- Community Loops – (interactive, easy and accessible sound installation/electronic music studio).
- Live music performances by local emerging bands.
- Chill-out, ambient, reggae, dub and world music DJ sets.
- Video installations.
- Arts Exhibitions and Market from local artists / craft producers.
- Creative arts and music workshops for children and young people.
- Information and outreach stalls from local and national organisations working in the field of ecology, development, permaculture, social justice, sustainability etc
- Other creative and cultural contributions from community partners yet to be announced.
Rules for children :
- Must be accompanied by a responsible adult aged >25.
- Children aged <11 years must leave by 9pm
- Young people aged 11-18 must leave by 11pm.
Synergy Sundays will be led by the Community For the Community, so we welcome proposals and suggestions for performances, installations, topics for debate / discussion – anything that you feel will add to the value of the event.
Interested in being involved ? email firstname.lastname@example.org