We are looking for a number of interns to work with us on the production of the in-house events specifically a team to handle the following areas :
Interns will help to prepare the venue for events, the running of events and closing the venue down afterwards.
• Sound – setting up, maintaining and operating the in-house sound system and stage. Some experience of sound-engineering / sound-system management preferred.
• Lighting – setting up, maintaining and operating the in-house lighting system.
• Décor – designing, producing and hanging backdrops and other decorative items.
• Video Projections – sourcing footage and editing it into loops to be projected in the venue to stimulate thought about and raise awareness of social, cultural, political and spiritual issues.
• Helping with set up and set down of the venue.
Interns will assist with the day to day running of the venue, particularly helping to take care of the physical and technical infrastructure of the building.
• An enthusiastic, positive minded individual used to working both in a team and independently.
• Able to be flexible with the demands of the job and to be able to think creatively, with a passion for seeing their ideas successfully come to fruition.
• Technical or artistic skill in the relevant area.
• Some DIY skills welcomed.
What we can offer you:
Interns will have the opportunity to learn from our experienced staff, with a perfect opportunity for you to get some real, tangible experience working in the music, creative industries and venue management sector.
We are keen to also share in the success of the venue with those who show themselves to be the most willing and able during their time with us. We will therefore be offering interns several incentives, ranging from free entry to our events to a cut of the night’s profits, and even in some cases the chance to assume a paid role on the team as the team expands.
In addition, the venue will also be hiring bar/ cafe/ door staff when operational and it should be noted that interns / volunteers will be given 1st priority for these jobs (depending on experience).
Please email your CV, and a covering letter explaining further why you are a suitable candidate to: