As part of their broader remit of organising events combining entertainments with awareness-raising, the Centre team is keen to work in partnership with local individuals and organisations working in the wider ‘Wellbeing sector’ to host a series of events and to develop a network to promote healthier and happier lifestyles, the sharing of best practice and latest ideas / knowledge and to promote collaboration and partnership working.Wellbeing
Such events, which will be fun, accessible, educational and transformational will include :
- Weekend events including day-time workshops, demonstrations, discussions, information stalls, networking and skill-sharing followed by an evening social featuring music, dance and other creative performances promoting health, happiness and well-being. In order to appeal to a family audience, these events will have a number of Wellbeing themed, child friendly activities.
- Mid-week evening events to bring to bring together practitioners working in the field as well as members of the public to showcase the work of a specific partner organization or practitioner and discuss issues of relevance.
The concept of Wellbeing is a multifaceted one, incorporating issues of importance to the orthodox physical and mental health sectors, the social, economic and natural environment, diet / nutrition and their link to both physical and mental health through to holistic approaches and complementary practices such as non-western practices (Yoga, Tai-Chi, Shiatsu, Meditation etc). Synergy Wellbeing events will also be interested in exploring the intersection between mental health and spiritual well-being, exploring issues relating to the evolution of religious and spiritual belief, cognitive science and the intersection between new science and indigenous belief systems.
The target audience for the Synergy Wellbeing events will be people of all ages living in Brighton & Hove and the surrounding region. This audience can be broken down in to the following categories :
- A family audience made up of adults aged 25-50, particularly those with young children of primary school age.
- Clients / beneficiaries of the mental health, substance misuse and other services, both in the statutory and voluntary sectors.
Launch Event, Sunday May 8th 1-11pm.
The inaugural Synergy Wellbeing event will be organised in partnership with the Synergy Creative Community (SCC) and Brighton Action for Happiness and will feature an art exhibition and performances by members of the SCC, a not-for-profit community organisation led and run by people with an interest in and experience of mental health care. The group’s mission is to develop a community network of peer support and creative exchange. Through peer support and building links within the community Synergy aims to break down barriers, stigma and discrimination and work to promote a sense of individual and collective identity.
The event will also feature presentations by other organisations and practitioners working in the local Wellbeing sector and an opportunity to network and socialise in a relaxed, family friendly environment.
Interested in being involved ?
Get Involved !
Synergy is keen to work with like-minded organisations and individuals working in the Wellbeing sector. Benefits of participation include :
- Raising awareness of the work of organisations and individuals in the sector
- Providing additional opportunities for beneficiaries to access additional services
- Participating in networking and skills sharing leading to future partnerships and collaborations.
Get in Touch !
To contact us about getting involved in the Wellbeing Network Launch Event, or subsequent events, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Steve Peake, Project Manager, on 07766 566691.
To sign up to the Wellbeing Network Emailing List, please click here